December 8 @ 10:30 am - 2:00 pm EST
JSMW hosts a monthly Snatra Puja on every 2nd Sunday of the Month (list of dates are below).
Start Time: 10:30am followed by Swami Vatsalya (Potlock format)
Location: Jain Center, 1021 Briggs Chaney Road, Silver Spring MD 20905
Contact: Vaishali Chheda @ email@example.com
- Snatra pooja illustrates the celebration of two of the auspicious (out of five) events (Kalyanaks) occurring in the last life of Tirthankar Bhagwan.
- This Puja and celebration are for all Tirthankaras and not specific to any particular one.
- Two Kalyanaks narrated in this Puja are Chyavan (conception) and Janma (birth) of Tirthankar. After this life the soul of Tirthankar reaches its climax and achieves liberation from life and death cycle (attains Moksha).
- This Puja recital explains the effect of Bhagawan’s birth on the whole universe, narrates how glorious the occasion was and how much joys were shared by all the living souls including all heavenly souls.
- Puja in the end includes Ashta Prakari Puja and wishes Shanti (peace) for all living beings and rejoices the event by performing Aarti, Mangal Divo, Shanti Kalash and Chaitya Vandan.
- Sponsors will perform the Shanti Kalash (if no sponsor, Gheeboli will be performed)
- Aarti Mangal Divo will be given as per Gheeboli
Future Dates for 2025 will be published shortly.