JSMW Presents Paryushan and Das Lakshan MahaParva
Jain Society of Metropolitan Washington is pleased to announce the 2019 Paryushan and Das Lakshan Parvas to be held at the Jain Center.
During this auspicious time, JSMW members will be able to benefit from participating in various religious programs.
Please read the three sections below to familiarize yourself with various activities during the Parva.
- Paryushan: August 26th through September 2nd – RSVP for daily lunch and dinner
- Swapna Ceremony: August 31st – RSVP for Swapna Ceremony by August 27th.
- Das Lakshan: September 3rd to September 12th
Paryushan Parva Details
We are pleased to announce that Narendrabhai Nandu has kindly accepted to grace the Paryushan Parva celebration this year at our Jain Center. The programs during the Parva will be held at the Jain Center except for the Swapna Ceremony and Samvatsari Pratikraman.
- Lunch and dinner will be served daily at the temple.Please RSVP here for daily lunch and dinner at least 24-hrs in advance. Your cooperation with timely RSVP will be greatly appreciated and will allow the planning committee to avoid food wastage.
Paryushan Detailed Schedule/Program
JSMW Paryushan 2019 – Click here for daily program schedule!
Paryushan Swami Vatsalya sponsorship at the temple is $101 per day. You can sponsor any number of days as you wish. If you wish to sponsor a day, you can either write your name for the day on the spreadsheet at the temple or email your name with the donation and days to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule for Samvatsari Pratikraman on Monday, Sept 2nd
|Mothers’ Pratikraman||12:00 pm||Jain Center|
|Deravasi Samvatsari Pratikraman||3:30 pm|
17110 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring MD 20905
|Sthanakvasi Samvatsari Pratikraman|
Aloyana will be recited from 3:00 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. followed by the Pratikraman starting at 4.30 p.m.
|English Pratikraman||5 pm|
1221 Briggs Chaney Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20905
In the evening, after Pratikraman, Aarti and Mangal Divo will be performed at Jain Center immediately thereafter.
Parna for tapasvis will be held at the Jain Center on Tuesday, Sept 3rd morning starting at 8:30 a.m. Various opportunities to sponsor the parna and other activities are available. If you wish to be a sponsor, please send us an email at Events@JainSocietyDC.org.
Swapna Ceremony Details
This year, the Swapna Ceremony will be celebrated at McLean High School.
- Date and Time: Saturday, August 31, 2019, 1 pm: Swami Vatsalya (Dinner) at 5:45 pm
- Venue: McLean High School, 1633 Davidson Rd., McLean, VA 22101
- RSVP: Please RSVP latest by August 27th.
- Swapna Ceremony Program: 1:00 pm – 5:45 pm
- Dinner: 5:45 pm.
- Pratikraman at school: 6:45 pm.
We request to all of you to please come on time. During the Swapna Ceremony, the labharthi members will have the honor of carrying each Swapna to the beats of drums and music.
Das Lakshan Parva Details
Das Lakshan Parva will be celebrated this year from September 3rd to September 12th.
- During weekdays, there will be aarti followed by pravachans by Falguni Ben Zaveri.
- Nandeeshwar Dweep Mandal Vidhaan Puja will be held on Saturday, September 7th.
This year Kshamavani Parv will be celebrated on September 14th that will include Abhishek and Ratnatray Vidhaan.
Details and Program Schedule:
- Tue, Sept 3rd – Aarti at 7:30 pm followed by Pravachan at 8:00 pm
- Wed, Sept 4th – Aarti at 7:30 pm followed by Pravachan at 8:00 pm
- Thu, Sept 5th – Aarti at 7:30 pm followed by Pravachan at 8:00 pm
- Fri, Sept 6th – Aarti at 7:30 pm followed by Pravachan at 8:00 pm
- Sat, Sept 7th – Abhishek at 9:00 am followed by Nandeeshwar Dweep Vidhaan followed by Lunch
- Sun, Sept 8th – Abhishek at 9:00 am followed by Puja followed by Pravachan followed by Lunch
- Mon, Sept 9th – Aarti at 7:30 pm followed by Pravachan at 8:00 pm
- Tue, Sept 10th – Aarti at 7:30 pm followed by Pravachan at 8:00 pm
- Wed, Sept 11th – Aarti at 7:30 pm followed by Pravachan at 8:00 pm
- Thu, Sept 12th – Pratikraman starting at 5:00 pm followed by Aarti
- Sat, Sept 14th – Kshamavani Parv Celebration – Abhishek at 9:30 am followed by Ratnatray Vidhaan followed by Lunch
- Make your best efforts to be part of each day’s celebrations. If you have any questions regarding the program, please contact email@example.com.