- Chhaya Shah | email@example.com
- Pallavi Shah | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sahil Dharamsi (Alumni Student Helper)| email@example.com
Kids will learn the fundamental principles and living values of Jainism. The purpose of this class is to promote religious awareness, non-violence, compassion, respect for all life forms, and protection of the environment.
- Basics of Jainism
- Living Values
- Jainism in Action
- Review of Ashta Prakari Puja, Important information of Tirthankars, Dreams of Tirthankar’s mother, Leshya, Rosary, Jain prayers and Jain symbols.
- Sutras: Ichchhakara sutra/Tikkuto, Irya Vahiyae sutra, Tassa Uttari sutra
- Field Trip to Jain temple: The purpose of the field trip is to observe rituals, symbols, art and pictures of pilgrimage places in India. If possible, kids will perform Asta Prakari Puja.
- Students will work on assignments from the work book. Parents will help check and sign the assignments.
- Students will practice sutras and prayers at home.
- Jain Activity log: Students will take daily vows at home and put Jainism into practice. Keep a log of this vows and turn it in to the teacher at end of the month.
- Students will voluntarily participate in observing and celebrating Jain Festivals throughout the pathshala year.
- The First Step of Jainism
- The First Step of Jainism Work Book
- Jain Activity Book
- Jain Alphabet Book