- Monica Shah | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jhalak Mehta | email@example.com
- Rushil Shah (Alumni Student Helper) | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shreyal Gandhi (Alumni Student Helper) | email@example.com
Our main objective is to identify ways how Jain principles are applicable to our students’ day to day lives. Each class, students will share activities and how they exercised one of the three main Jain principles (non-violence, non-possessiveness, non-absolutism) or how they overcame one of the four main inner enemies (anger, greed, ego, deceit).
- Jain Holidays
- Path to Liberation
- Basics of Jainism
- Theory of Karma
- Jain Yoga
- Jain Ethics & Environment
- Application of Non Violence
- Going to the Temple
- Living Values
- Story Projects
- Essay: In addition to the above topics, students will be asked to write a one page essay. The 2016-2017 essay theme is Which modern day leader or pop culture icon in today’s time is your Jain hero? What qualities about this individual are Jain to you?
- MJK: Class C1 will have one item in MJK. We will spend roughly 4-5 classes towards MJK preparation but we will still try to have some time dedicated towards Pathshala learning during those classes.
- Class Materials: Each new student will be provided Book 203 and a JAB Manual. If you are a student who attended class B2 last year, then you will be expected to bring last year’s books to C1 Class. Please come prepared with the following items: (1) Notebook, (2) Pen/Pencil, (3) Book 203, (4) JAB Manual, (5) Folder or Binder, (6) Printed copy of syllabus. .
- Jain Academic Bowl Manual
- JAINA Book 203
Pathshala 2017-2018 Materials:
- Homework & Attendance